Twitter

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Prometheus: Big Things Have Small Beginnings

Today was an amazing day for people looking forward to Ridley Scott's Prometheus. First we were treated with a 1 minute IMAX teaser trailer. Then we got another piece of information from the Viral Campaign. The biggest piece today however was the reveal of full length trailer. I will discuss all of this after the jump.


The trailer is quite good and actually sent chills down my arms. Not many trailers have done that. It's quite epic and looks to be like Ridley will have a great return into the Sci-Fi genre. To be honest there are so many elements in this trailer that I could write a whole breakdown of it, which I may do in the coming days. The below IMAX trailer also gives more information pertaining to the film. What's exciting to me is the films great cast. Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce and even Charilze Theron just to name a few. What's great about these trailers is they show you things, but do not spoil plot. Even the full theatrical trailer acts much like a teaser trailer, which to me are the best trailers. Too many trailers now a days simply give the whole story for the trailer and leave the audience with no surprises.



At first I will admit I was a bit disappointed finding out what I did today. It is not because the information was bad, I just rather would have like to find out what I did in theaters instead of three months before hand. So for those of whom would like to remain as spoiler free as possible, stop reading here. However if you do not mind then below is the second video where the spoiler comes.


Michael Fassbender plays David, an android. Personally as I mentioned before I would have rather not known this detail, but I guess it's something that is not supposed to be a secret like Ash was in Alien, or it wouldn't be in the viral campaign. What's interesting to note is the film takes place in 2085 according to writer Damon Lindelof. The TED video that I posted earlier took place in 2023. Ridley confirmed that Guy Pearce, who plays Peter Weyland, will be in the film. I am curious as to what exactly his role will be and to what extent he will be involved in the films plot since that puts his age at least over 80 years old.

I'll leave everyone with this(click for a larger image). My question is what exactly is it?:

No comments:

Post a Comment