Twitter

Saturday, February 4, 2012

REVIEW: The Devil Inside

I am tired of found footage films. Once in awhile found footage films work, like Cloverfield  and the original Paranormal Activity.What makes them work is the simple fact that they are creative and they bring new and fresh takes to the genre. This film neither has any creativity nor does it bring anything to the found footage genre. 



Initially it plays like a documentary but then as the film progresses it turns into an assembly of "found" footage.There are moments that remind me of The Office, and not in a good way.
This begs the question of who actually sits down and assembles this stuff. I mean the person who found this footage did they just feel like assembling Micheal's footage in a "coherent" narrative. I wonder that about most found footage films. I would love to see the takes that did not make the film. I also wonder when do these people find the time to offload the footage and change batteries during some of these scenes. They must have unlimited amounts of storage space.

I will not even bother talking about the films plot. Watch the film's trailer on YouTube and you'll know everything. To be honest, the trailer is effect and enticed me to go watch the film. But when you compare it to the actual film, maybe the trailer should have been the only thing the filmmakers made.

The film's ending was absolutely hilarious, and not because this horror movie turns into a comedy, which probably would have worked better. The ending is so horrible, it actually brought me to laughter. I do not know what the writers were thinking as they were finding a conclusion to the story. Maybe they were not thinking at all, which would make everything make sense. I would have rather the film abruptly cut to black then have what happened at the end. It makes the audience feel stupid to have invested their time into the video. To be quite honest the film's tag line is actually very accurate. No soul is safe from this horrendous film if you choose to watch it.

0/4 Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment